To a Material Shop I Went...

So... two days ago I accompanied my bestie to look for a polka dot and flowery material for her to be made something artsy crafty. She needed me to accompany her because she was not sure where the exact location was.  Actually, this shop is famous up to now, but with a significant distance from our homes and the last time she went there was just way too looong time ago, she asked me to go with her. I myself was more than happy to come along. Besides she is my one of the best people in  my life and I'm always enthusiastic to go there. The name of it:  "PD. Hasan".


This place  is located in Tajur district, on the way to Kuntum Nursery Farm and if you make your way up, you'll reach Puncak area. Not all local Bogor people know this place, moreover tourists from outside Bogor. PD. Hasan is an area where some houses have been turned into fabric shops. From what I heard from people, the owners are family. They sell so many kinds and colors of fabrics: cotton, satin, brocade, denim, fabrics to make trousers, many kinds (but not silk I guess).  These fabrics invite you to explore, makes your imagination dancing in your head and emerging a willingness to create those fabrics into something: a tablecloth, bed sheets, pillow cases, clothes, dress, anything you name it.

can you see how they are so appealing, hehe..
 
 
Sadly, when I and my bestie arrived, it was 4.30 p.m. Some shops have closed and we were lucky to be able to "sneak in" for awhile in one shop so my friend could take a quick tour to skim along the material she wanted to buy and I was able to take some pictures. Hehe. It was clear as I asked to the staff that the shops close at 4.30 everyday. It was just unusual that they closed late that day. It was just our fortune, I reckon. ;)
 
 heaps of material waiting to explore, this kind of fabric can be turned into bed sheets or pillow case
 
The best feature of shopping in this area is that they have some tailors, so you can sew your material there. They are capable of making anything as long as you are clear about the model and the measurement. Even, you can wait for around half an hour to get your duvet case done (my another friend's experience). Also, these shops apply an interesting way for us to buy the material. In common fabric and material shops, we usually buy the material per meter. Here, they count the weight of the material that we buy. So, after asking the staff to cut the material we need based on our measurement, they will weigh it on a digital scale. And to the customers' benefit, it is cheaper. I have no idea, though, whether we can really buy it per meter or weighing it is the only way to make the trade.
 


 who can say "stop!" to your dancing imagination :p
 
Their collection of fabrics and materials are mind blowing.  I recommend this place for you if you are hunting material or fabrics especially if you are going to make clothes in a big amount such as for bridesmaids in a wedding. And FYI, the Soto Mie warung there sells a delicious Soto Mie. Yumm :p hehe.    

Comments

Popular Posts